Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 12th July 2012 4:19pm for Lost Childhood

Gryffindor *won* the Quidditch Cup that fifth year (Ron's first as Keeper) - despite losing their starting Seeker (Harry) and both starting Beaters (the Weasley Twins), and breaking in a new Chaser (that was also Ginny's first year as Chaser and reserve Seeker - she replaced Harry as Seeker when Umbridge booted him). Have we forgotten "Weasley is our King" already?

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 4:05pm for Lost Childhood

note:
"Professor Snape," Minerva corrected. "No he couldn’t. I think he is tired of losing every year. I, on the other hand, have grown used to winning every year and reminding him of it every chance I get." Minerva said the last in a hushed tone while her lips almost curled into a smile. "Keep practicing."
This is incorrect:

Year 1 - Gryffindor lost the quidditch cup (bot not the house cup) due to the forfeiture of the last match.
Year 2 - Quidditch was cancelled, I recall.
Year 3 - They won. Despite an interrupted match *twice* with Dementors in the G/H match, and Draco interrupting the G/R match dressed as a dementor.
Year 4 - Cancelled.
Year 5 - If they won, it was despite their star seeker getting kicked off the team by the meddlesome Toad. I don't recall the result for that year, as it did end with the Ministry Crapfest.

so thats 2 genuine wins out of 5 years, if y5 was a win. It was too early to tell for year 2, but year 1 would have been 'in the bag' given Harry's track record (of 2 matches though,... hmm... maybe luck was with him then, but wouldn't have been if they had played that last match versus Hufflepuff in year 1. I think it was the 'puffs. Slytherin first match, then it was snape refereeing their second match v Ravenclaw I think.

Anyway. 2 out of 5 is not 'winning every year'.

;)

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Sunday 28th January 2007 11:57am for Lost Childhood

The confrontation at the Order meeting on Harry's place of residence was well orchestrated. Wonderful dialogue.

I love you Odd Lovegood.

Cheers!