Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Nicole posted a comment on Friday 23rd July 2010 8:11am

Is this story going to have a sequel? I loved it so much. I can't wait to see Harry defeat Voldie. Here's hoping for a sequel soon!

santiln posted a comment on Thursday 1st July 2010 1:37pm

I'm still waiting for a sequel in this truly great ff. I read it in ff.net some years ago when it was still a wip.
I hope to read something new from you soon.
Till next,
Canuto-90 (Ff.net)
Santiln

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Sunday 20th June 2010 7:18pm

Why Horace' comments to Tonks are critical, in context, to Riddle, and to Harry's Future:

1. Harry is, *already*, one of the best Unspeakable operatives there is. Never mind that he is not even sixteen (remember, Harry's birthday hasn't arrived yet) nor has he learned the full compliment of spells an Unspeakable operative is allowed (if not encouraged) to use.
2. Until now, the Death Eaters have never gone against the DoM heads-up. Instead, the DEs have drawn the Department of Magical Law Enforcement (specifically, the Aurors), and only two Aurors are alive and whole from the "open warfare" period of the Second War (the two Aurors in question being Moody and Amelia Bones). However, not even Alastor Moody knows the whole Unspeakable Playbook - heck, *Harry* is showing him up, and he doesn't know the whole Playbook, either.
3. Riddle is ahead right now because he is willing to throw out the rulebook completely; the fact that he has more power than his opponents (usually) doesn't hurt. Dumbledore (at this point) still has more raw power than Riddle; however, he is hamstrung by his rulebook. Moody has the opposite issue; he has the same lack of respect for the rules that Riddle does; however, he lacks Riddle's raw magical power. Now, we have a Harry that is perfectly willing to throw out the rules; even more telling, he has more raw power than either Riddle or (surprisingly) Dumbledore. (No; Harry is not aware of that tidbit yet. However, Horace certainly is.)
4. Because it is not common knowledge (even within the Unspeakables) that Harry *is* one, Harry can still be "just Harry" within wizarding Britain as a whole (even within the rest of the Ministry). Also, being the BWL opens lots of doors within the Ministry; knowing who he does (especially Amelia Bones) opens a few more. (To answer the apparent non-sequitur, why Amelia, not Dumbles? Simple, Amelia is there all the time; Dumbles isn't.)
5. Harry is also laying the groundwork for a Riddle-free future for wizarding Britain; given that he doesn't trust Dumbledore any more than he trusts Riddle, that means he has to get involved himself (Political!Harry). Fortunately for Harry, he recognizes a kindred spirit (politically) in Amelia Bones. Amelia is important three different ways - first off, while someone else (first Percy Weasley, then Umbridge, and now Percy again) was the Minister's deputy, day-to-day operational control of most of the Ministry falls under her bailiwick (she is, after all the Director of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, the Ministry's largest in terms of both bodies under authority and in terms of physical responsibility). Second, she is Dumbles' deputy - the Wizengamot is the legislative *and* judicial arm of wizarding Britain; therefore, she is basically Deputy Chief Justice of Britain's highest magical court. Lastly, because Dumbles *kept* the job of Hogwarts Headmaster, he can't attend every Wizengamot session (not even with a Time Turner); notice that Dumbles *didn't* preside over Bella's trial - Amelia Bones did. The very fact that Harry went before Amelia (in an official capacity) and holds no grudge (when he certainly had cause!) would speak volumes if he were going to back *her* for Minister (which Tonks certainly suspects).

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 6:36pm

Okay; first off, I am going to explain the reactions of the other operatives in the Training Room. They have no idea that this is a prospective sixth-year at Hogwarts, let alone that it's Harry Potter - all they see is a prospective Unspeakable chewing up the Training Room like a dragon at a sheep station. Next, the Ministry cafeteria; again, they have no idea who the unnamed Unspeakable is. Lastly, the Order meeting; they have no idea that Harry is now being trained as an Unspeakable, let alone that it was Harry's Portkey that set off the new wards at the Burrow. (Also, notice that Tonks (that *did* know) didn't tell them any of it.)

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 9th June 2010 10:49am

No matter how often I read it, I still enjoy the story.

Hope for it to continue, but realistically, it's going to be nearly impossible. Harry will be bored to tears in most of his subjects. DADA and Charms, especially. Not to mention the first time someone tries to curse him in the back (Ferret and his bookends), Harry will kill them. Kinda hard for a school year to go back to normal after that.

Thanks for the story.

ily.the.cat posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd June 2010 6:41pm

Hey, I adore this story and am re-reading it. The only thing I've noticed is that when the people are talking, you harldy ever use contractions, so it sounds like, "It is nothing," instead of ," It's nothing." The second one flows better in my opinion, but then again, I am just a lowly reader... Anyway, food for thought.

token posted a comment on Tuesday 4th May 2010 7:08am

Fantastic. Love it. Hope there's a sequal.

Iarann posted a comment on Wednesday 28th April 2010 4:22pm

I sit here quietly debating whether to curse or praise you. That was a fantastic read! Engaging story, developed characters and nicely structured flow. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this story. While I could nitpick minor issues or personal disagreements, the only major complaint I have is your stated plans to not have a sequel.

Many thanks for sharing your Harry James "Bond" Potter with us.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 4:05pm

note:
"Professor Snape," Minerva corrected. "No he couldn’t. I think he is tired of losing every year. I, on the other hand, have grown used to winning every year and reminding him of it every chance I get." Minerva said the last in a hushed tone while her lips almost curled into a smile. "Keep practicing."
This is incorrect:

Year 1 - Gryffindor lost the quidditch cup (bot not the house cup) due to the forfeiture of the last match.
Year 2 - Quidditch was cancelled, I recall.
Year 3 - They won. Despite an interrupted match *twice* with Dementors in the G/H match, and Draco interrupting the G/R match dressed as a dementor.
Year 4 - Cancelled.
Year 5 - If they won, it was despite their star seeker getting kicked off the team by the meddlesome Toad. I don't recall the result for that year, as it did end with the Ministry Crapfest.

so thats 2 genuine wins out of 5 years, if y5 was a win. It was too early to tell for year 2, but year 1 would have been 'in the bag' given Harry's track record (of 2 matches though,... hmm... maybe luck was with him then, but wouldn't have been if they had played that last match versus Hufflepuff in year 1. I think it was the 'puffs. Slytherin first match, then it was snape refereeing their second match v Ravenclaw I think.

Anyway. 2 out of 5 is not 'winning every year'.

;)

Seth Blade posted a comment on Friday 12th March 2010 5:13am

Love it, and I want MORE!

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens with everything, and I am seriously into this story, now that I've read through it again.

All the best, and hoping for more updates,
Seth Blade.

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 28th January 2010 11:38pm

I have enjoyed revisiting your excellent story. Should you take a notion to write another or extend this one, I'm sure that would be most enjoyable as well. Thanks for writing. W.

Forever&3moreSeconds posted a comment on Tuesday 26th January 2010 12:48pm

hmm, interesting. i've never really been much of a hp/nt fan (i prefer tonks/ginny tbh) but you may have begun the process of converting me. i thought the plot was well thought out and detailed enough to keep me reading but never confusing - i often find that people get harry enrolled in about twenty different 'secret clubs' and then no-one i like gets any air time. well done for circumventing that problem successfully.
ruth =)

sabitha posted a comment on Monday 25th January 2010 1:58pm

I love this story! I hope you have not abandoned it. It has great potential. I really like your portrayal of the fight scenes. I hope to see this story updated!

fayriegirl posted a comment on Thursday 31st December 2009 7:56am

i thoroughly enjoyed this i truelly hope that u do continue this fic its awesome

Aberbadger posted a comment on Wednesday 30th December 2009 5:59am

Is there going to be a sequel?

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 26th November 2009 2:30pm

You have a thing for incredibly long chapters, I must say. Things are moving very interestingly. Harry becoming an unspeakable is a very interesting twist, and I can't help but want to continue reading. His parents being unspeakables feels coincidental the way you wrote this story and that's very cool. It's quite far-fetched given his overall knowledge of the wizarding world, but I'm trying to wrap my mind around it. Expecially the cruciatus thing, I mean if he couldn't do it against Bellatrix who had just killed Sirius then it is surprising how he could cast and hold it on a guy he just met. Granted he was exchanging rather nasty curses, but yeah, still kind of out there. Wonderfully written, I wish you had more work up!

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 26th November 2009 12:17pm

Interesting chemistry you've developed between the two. Most 'honks' stories tend to have Tonks a bit infatuated from the start (puppy love), but you have written her so that she definitely seems to be the more experienced in how she's relating to him. Trying to make more sense; you have written a much more beleivable Tonks.

Simply-Hugs posted a comment on Friday 23rd October 2009 1:20am

and thats the first time I've ever seen someone write "touchy-feely" in a story. :P

Good show, I commend thee ^.^

Xtea posted a comment on Wednesday 30th September 2009 11:13am

Great story, nice writing

Aurilia posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd July 2009 1:43am

Though the summary notes of this tale claim it to be 'complete', it isn't, is it? I mean, the summer has drawn to a close, so it lives up to its title and to all the promises set forth in the first chapter, yet you managed to leave enough hanging that I do hope to see this 'verse continued. If you choose not to do so, though, I will understand completely - for all that you built up to a Harry/Voldemort final confrontation yet didn't deliver on that implied promise, this tale is complete as it stands. Still won't keep me from checking periodically to see if you've continued it.

Thanks for the oft-amusing tale that managed to keep me out of trouble for two whole days. Hope to see more from you in the future.